Audrey and I have been waging a battle to take a nap. For the past 6 weeks she's fallen asleep comfortably in someone's arms. So now I'm transitioning her to her crib.
Routine so far:
Rock her to sleep
put her in the crib with classical music playing in her room
she sleeps for about 20 minutes
Audrey wakes up grunting and transitions to crying
I wait 5 minutes of real crying and then go in and pat her till she's calm
about 10 minutes later she cries again
I let her cry for 10 minutes and go in and pat her again till she's calm.
She's still asleep, 20 minutes later. Maybe she'll have a good nap.

Next step is rocking her till she's calm and sleepy but not asleep. She needs to learn to sooth herself, but I think she's still a little young. Part of why she cries, I think, is because she falls asleep in our arms and then woke up in a new place.
Poor Audrey.
Any suggestions for a nighttime routine?? Would love some feedback!
Routine so far:
Rock her to sleep
put her in the crib with classical music playing in her room
she sleeps for about 20 minutes
Audrey wakes up grunting and transitions to crying
I wait 5 minutes of real crying and then go in and pat her till she's calm
about 10 minutes later she cries again
I let her cry for 10 minutes and go in and pat her again till she's calm.
She's still asleep, 20 minutes later. Maybe she'll have a good nap.
Next step is rocking her till she's calm and sleepy but not asleep. She needs to learn to sooth herself, but I think she's still a little young. Part of why she cries, I think, is because she falls asleep in our arms and then woke up in a new place.
Poor Audrey.
Any suggestions for a nighttime routine?? Would love some feedback!

No comments:
Post a Comment